North Central Dispatch is currently accepting applications for the position of Full-Time Police Dispatcher. Our center dispatches for multiple agencies in a high call volume environment. The purpose of this position is to answer emergency telephone calls, provide information to callers and emergency responders, and dispatch appropriate response personnel to a scene.
- Dispatches police units by radio in response to requests for services according to established priorities and procedures.
- Answers emergency and assistance calls from the general public, gathers and categorizes incident information and dispatches appropriate emergency personnel.
- Monitors a variety of radio channels to maintain contact with local and statewide agencies for police or fire/ambulance communication centers while maintaining operation of the main radio\channel.
- Tracks the location and availability of police units using the Computer-Aided Dispatch system in Omnigo Software.
- Provides criminal justice information to police utilizing the MULES system.
- Enters and maintains criminal justice files, such as, warrants, vehicle entries, gun and article entries, and Orders of Protection.
Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, FSA, Retirement Benefits, Paid Vacation, and Employee Assistance Program.
|8/25/2021 1:30 PM
|Open Until Filled
18 years of age or older.
? Must have no felony convictions.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Ability to type 35 words per minute with no more than 5 errors.
Strong written and oral communication skills at all times, including during stressful situations.
Working knowledge of computers and modern office practices and procedures.
Ability to multi-task.
Ability to work rotating 12-hour shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Dispatching experience is preferred, but not required.
How to apply: You can obtain an application from the St. Ann Police Clerk, Monday thru Friday from 8am-5pm. The application can be mailed, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted in person.
A link for the application is below.
The St. Ann Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Police Application Form